What Things Can You Not Put in a Dumpster in Lehi, UT? Electronics, Appliances, Paint, Pesticides & More
If you have decided that you project you are tackling requires more than your trash can and have rented a dumpster to help you get the job done, it is Important that you know what can and cannot go inside of it. There are regulations that are in place when it comes to the contents of the dumpster that you have rented. It is vital that you understand what you shouldn’t be putting in your dumpster so that you avoid extra fees that can start to add up when something is found in a dumpster that shouldn’t be there. Rolys Dumpster Rental is here to talk about the things that you should always avoid putting in your dumpster.
What Should You Not Throw into a Dumpster?
There are some things that are simply not allowed inside a dumpster of any size. Following is a list of items you need to keep out of the dumpster and why:
- Electronics: It can be difficult to find out what to do with your old electronics when you’re cleaning out your home. You should never put them in the dumpster though. This is because they tend to end up in a landfill where the batteries that powered them can leak out and become hazardous to the environment. Instead, you need to find a recycle center that will take care of them for you.
- - Appliances: This is another item that shouldn’t find its way into a dumpster either. They also have electrical components and computers in them that can leak hazardous materials into the landfill. You can find recycle centers that will take them off your hands and dispose of them safely.
- Paints & Solvents: If you like drinking fresh and safe water, you should not throw paints, paint thinners, lacquers or wood stains into a dumpster. They will find their way into the water system and make it unsafe to drink that water supply. You shouldn’t even throw away wet paint into any garbage can of any kind. However, if you have leftover latex paint that can't be reused or recycled, you can allow the paint to solidify by pouring it into a box with kitty litter or shredded paper. Once it's hard and dry, you can then toss it in the dumpster.
- Pesticides: Even if the pesticide that you are working with is a granule, it doesn’t belong inside a dumpster. They can be harmful to not only plants but the animals that eat the plants as well. Pesticides will require chemical waste facilities to dispose of them.
- Yard Waste: It seems innocent enough to throw away your yard waste in the dumpster right? While this doesn’t pose any threat to anyone, it will take up valuable space at a landfill. You should instead, use yard waste as compost or take it to a recycle center that will make it into compost for others.
Dumpster Bin Rentals
If you are in need of a dumpster rental for your next project, you can turn to Rolys Dumpster Rental to help you find the right sized dumpster for the job. We have many different sizes to choose from depending on your needs. Call us today!
How it Works
It's super easy to order your roll-off dumpster! Just call to speak with our front office team members to order a roll-off dumpster delivery. When done, call for pick-up & disposal.
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We offer large and small dumpsters.
Pick Up Request
Dumpster ready for pick up and to be taken to the dump? Please fill out the form to notify Rolys® to come and pick up your dumpster.
Utah Dumpster Rental Services
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We use extra care when placing our dumpsters so your driveway is protected. Each dumpster is clean and has an easy access back doors. We offer same day delivery, Saturdays too.
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Excellent Customer Service in Utah
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Serving Northern Utah
Our roll-off dumpsters are clean and always delivered on time. Rolys® Dumpsters offers large bins for remodeling projects or disaster restoration jobs and small dumpsters for just about any residential clean up or move out job.