What is the Most Effective Way to Remove Carpet in Santaquin, UT? Dispose of in Rental Dumpster!
What are the Steps to Removing Carpet?
Preparing for your carpet removal project is a big part of successfully removing old carpet. Following are some steps you can follow to help the carpet removal process be a smooth one:
- Gather Equipment: There are several tools and pieces of equipment that you are going to need to remove your carpet successfully. Make sure that you are wearing the appropriate clothing and personal protection equipment to do this safely. You will also need tools like a utility knife, pliers, pry bar, floor scraper, duct tape and a broom.
- Detach Carpet from Tack Strips: The next step of the process is to detach the carpet from the tack strips that are found around the outside of the room. Once you are able to pry up the corner of the carpet, you can use a pair of pliers to help you pull up the rest.
- Cut Carpet into Manageable Strips: Removing all of the carpet in your room in one fell swoop is not realistic. It makes more sense to cut the carpet into more manageable pieces using your utility knife. Once you have cut the carpet into strips, you can roll them up and wrap them in duct tape to make them easier to transport to your dumpster.
- Remove Carpet Padding: Once you have gotten all of the carpet out of the house, you will see that there is a carpet pad beneath it. It is now time to get rid of the carpet padding in the same way. Cut it into smaller strips and then roll it up and wrap it in duct tape for disposal.
- Remove the Tack Strips: Now that all of the carpet and padding is removed, you can focus on the tack strips around the outside of the room. Wearing gloves while you do this step is advised as the tack strips have sharp nails sticking up out of them. Use your pry bar to pop these away from your subfloor.
- Remove the Staples: You will also see that there are thousands of staples in the subfloor. Using your floor scraper, you will be able to scrape these away from the subfloor quite easily. Once you have scraped them out of the subfloor, you will want to sweep them up and throw them away.
If you are removing carpet from your home, you will most definitely need a dumpster rental to help you dispose of the old carpet. Rolys Dumpster Rental can help you find the right sized dumpster for your project. Call us today!
How it Works
It's super easy to order your roll-off dumpster! Just call to speak with our front office team members to order a roll-off dumpster delivery. When done, call for pick-up & disposal.
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We offer large and small dumpsters.
Pick Up Request
Dumpster ready for pick up and to be taken to the dump? Please fill out the form to notify Rolys® to come and pick up your dumpster.
Utah Dumpster Rental Services
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We use extra care when placing our dumpsters so your driveway is protected. Each dumpster is clean and has an easy access back doors. We offer same day delivery, Saturdays too.
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Excellent Customer Service in Utah
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Serving Northern Utah
Our roll-off dumpsters are clean and always delivered on time. Rolys® Dumpsters offers large bins for remodeling projects or disaster restoration jobs and small dumpsters for just about any residential clean up or move out job.