What Can & Can’t Be Placed Inside Construction Dumpsters in Salt Lake City, UT? Is Glass OK to Put In?
There is no better way to get rid of waste at your construction site than with a dumpster rental. While almost everything that you throw away at a construction site can be thrown inside a dumpster rental, there are several things that you need to avoid throwing in there. It is important to know what you can and cannot throw away in your dumpster rental at a construction site. Rolys Dumpster Rental is here to talk about the dos and don’ts of construction waste so you know what you can’t throw away inside your dumpster.
What You Should Avoid Throwing Away in a Construction Site Dumpster
Avoid throwing these items away in your construction dumpster:
- Asbestos: Any time asbestos is found in a construction zone, it needs to be dealt with by licensed professionals to dispose of it safely. It is something that is not allowed in a dumpster.
- Cleaning Fluids: Cleaning fluids are other items that are not allowed inside a dumpster rental. Even basic household cleaners should be completely emptied before the bottles are thrown inside a dumpster.
- Aerosol Cans: There is a high risk of aerosol cans combusting and starting a fire, so they are not allowed in a dumpster either. They pose a risk to both workers and landfills and need to be emptied completely before thrown away.
- Tires: If you have any tires that you are needing to dispose of, you will need to do it somewhere else as tires are not allowed in landfills.
- Adhesives: Many construction sites have adhesives that need to be thrown away but they need to be thrown away somewhere other than the dumpster. They cause a sticky mess in the bottom of the dumpster that does not allow the rest of the debris to be emptied normally.
- Resins: Resins are not only harmful to the environment, but they are also damaging to the dumpster itself and need to be disposed of somewhere else.
- Paint: Many paints contain harmful ingredients including mercury and lead. It is important that paint is disposed of properly.
What Items Can Be Thrown Away in a Construction Container?
The list of items that cannot be thrown away inside a construction dumpster might seem long, but the fact of the matter is, most debris found in a construction site is allowed inside a dumpster. Some, but not all of these materials are listed below:
- Wood & lumber
- Roofing materials
- Windows & glass
- Plumbing fixtures
- & more
If you have a construction site that is in need of a dumpster, you can turn to the professionals at Rolys Dumpster Rental to make sure you have what you need. We will help you determine the size that best suits the project that you are getting ready to begin. Call us today!
How it Works
It's super easy to order your roll-off dumpster! Just call to speak with our front office team members to order a roll-off dumpster delivery. When done, call for pick-up & disposal.
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We offer large and small dumpsters.
Pick Up Request
Dumpster ready for pick up and to be taken to the dump? Please fill out the form to notify Rolys® to come and pick up your dumpster.
Utah Dumpster Rental Services
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We use extra care when placing our dumpsters so your driveway is protected. Each dumpster is clean and has an easy access back doors. We offer same day delivery, Saturdays too.
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Excellent Customer Service in Utah
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Serving Northern Utah
Our roll-off dumpsters are clean and always delivered on time. Rolys® Dumpsters offers large bins for remodeling projects or disaster restoration jobs and small dumpsters for just about any residential clean up or move out job.