How Do I Maximize Space in My Dumpster in Layton, UT? Flatten Cardboard Boxes & More
Many people don’t give two seconds thought to how they should fill up a dumpster. For many people, they have the dumpster delivered and they just start chucking their trash inside of it. The proper way to fill a dumpster is something that is not talked about very often. However, when you load a dumpster properly you will find that there are is a lot more that you can fit inside it. Rolys Dumpster Rental is here to talk about the right way to fill up your dumpster.
How Do You Load a Dumpster the Right Way?
Believe it or not, there is a right and wrong way to fill a dumpster. We would like to share our best tips to help you fill your dumpster the right way.
- Don’t Throw in Large Items: The first thing that you need to think about when filling your dumpster is the size of the items you’re getting rid of. If you have any large items that you are throwing away, make sure that you break them before you throw them into the dumpster. When you simply throw a large item in there it takes up a lot more space than it would if it had been broken into smaller pieces.
- Flatten Cardboard: There is more than likely going to be some cardboard that you’re throwing away as well. If you are throwing away cardboard, make sure that you’ve flattened it before you throw it away. This is a huge space saver.
- Check for Gaps in Dumpster: As you were working on your project and throwing things away, make sure that you are checking to make sure there aren’t any gaps inside the dumpster. If there are, try rearranging things or fitting smaller items into those gaps to take advantage of that space.
- Heavy Items at the Bottom: You should always throw your heaviest items away first. Take a quick inventory of the things that you are throwing away and make sure that your heaviest items are loaded first followed by the lighter items.
- Even Weight Distribution Matters: You want to make sure that you have a well balanced dumpster. Make sure that you are evenly distributing the weight of the items that you’re throwing away. This can help avoid any disasters during the dumping and transporting process. Make sure you are throwing things away on both sides of the dumpster to help with this common problem.
- Avoid Overfilling: It might be tempting to fill your dumpster as high as you can with the items you’re getting rid of. However, you need to avoid overfilling as this can lead to extra charges.
If you are getting ready to tackle a project that requires the use of a dumpster, you can turn to Rolys Dumpster Rental to help you find the right size needed for your project and deliver it to the place of your choosing at your desired time. Call us today!
How it Works
It's super easy to order your roll-off dumpster! Just call to speak with our front office team members to order a roll-off dumpster delivery. When done, call for pick-up & disposal.
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We offer large and small dumpsters.
Pick Up Request
Dumpster ready for pick up and to be taken to the dump? Please fill out the form to notify Rolys® to come and pick up your dumpster.
Utah Dumpster Rental Services
Rolys® Dumpster Rentals services offers 4 convenient dumpster sizes for your clean-out or remodeling project. We use extra care when placing our dumpsters so your driveway is protected. Each dumpster is clean and has an easy access back doors. We offer same day delivery, Saturdays too.
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Excellent Customer Service in Utah
Rolys® Dumpster Rental™: Serving Northern Utah
Our roll-off dumpsters are clean and always delivered on time. Rolys® Dumpsters offers large bins for remodeling projects or disaster restoration jobs and small dumpsters for just about any residential clean up or move out job.